Are you a solid organ transplant patient in the Texas Medical Center, or the family member/caregiver of one? Do you need assistance with lodging during this anxious time?
Nora’s Home is here for you.
Our doors are open to all solid organ transplant patients in Houston, and our mission is animated by a spirit of community and inclusivity. We serve all heart, lung, kidney, liver, and pancreas organ transplants who need us without regard to age, race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, economic status, or political affiliation.
We do ask that our guests be able to take care of themselves during their visit. Alternatively, they may be accompanied by a designated caregiver who can stay with them as a registered guest companion.
There is no age minimum for patients staying at Nora’s Home, but we are obliged to request that registered guests/caregivers be at least 10 years of age.
We believe we’ll be able to accommodate most lodging requests in 2021. However, if for some reason the dates you require are not available, we will place your name on our wait list and offer information about other lodging options. We understand you are going through challenging health concerns and we want to help however we can.
As a first step, please fill out the Resident Referral Form , or contact us directly.
Please note the following changes to our admissions criteria tailored to this COVID era, update Sept. 16, 2021:
Transplant patients should follow their respective transplant center policy on vaccination.
If able to be vaccinated:
- Provide documentation at check-in of being fully* vaccinated OR provide documentation of a negative PCR swab** (digital or paper format accepted)
If unable to be vaccinated:
- Provide documentation at check-in of a negative PCR swab**
- Accompanying caregivers are required to be fully vaccinated* and to provide record of full vaccination at check-in (paper or digital format accepted).
- If documentation is unavailable, then caregiver must provide documentation of a negative PCR swab**.
- One accompanying caregiver per patient is preferred, although two caregivers will be accepted.
- Must wear a mask and social distance while in the common areas
- Receive a daily temperature screening at the Front Desk
- Adhere to house rules provided at check-in to maintain the safety of all guests and staff within the home
*”Fully vaccinated” is defined as 14 days after the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or the second and final dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. If within two weeks of full vaccination, guest must provide a documented negative PCR test.
**All provided PCR test results must occur within 72 hours prior to check-in.
More information on our COVID response can be found here.
For a PDF version of these updated protocols, click here: Sept 16, 2021 Home Update.