Stay With Confidence During COVID-19
UPDATE May 2021
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Nora’s Home is using all reasonable efforts to protect the health and safety of solid organ transplant patients, their caregivers and the Nora’s Home Staff. As we continue to navigate our way through this crisis, we have implemented safeguards congruent with state and local health recommendations that are aimed at limiting the risk of exposure to the virus. Nora’s Home has continued to maintain a safe and low risk setting for virus transmission.
Admissions Update April 12, 2021:
Nora’s Home is now operating at a maximum 75% capacity (25 of 32 rooms).
Regardless of vaccination status, both the transplant patient and their caregiver must provide documented results of a negative PCR nasal swab within a 72-hour window prior to admission*.
At Nora’s Home we have been able to prevent spreading COVID to our transplant patients in the home so far. To remain cautiously protective of our guests, we will continue to require COVID tests for transplant patients and their caregivers until more information is known. We will change our policy as soon as data becomes available indicating that a change would be safe.
*If you or your caregiver are having trouble accessing testing, please contact us at (832) 831-3720. We can assist in the coordination of a test but ask that you allow for up to 2 days for the test to be scheduled.
Our preventative measures include:
- Capacity limited to 75% effective April 2021
- Only one caregiver per patient (unless accompanying a patient who is a minor, then two caregivers may be permitted)
- Daily screenings for guests, active symptom monitoring of staff
- 95% Staff fully vaccinated
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of the facility
- Mandated mask-wearing and social distancing while in common areas
- New renovations including a protective barrier at the front desk and hand sanitizing stations
Please note that that this is not a comprehensive list of protocols. Additional house rules designed to ensure the safety of all Nora’s Home guests and staff will be provided to you at time of check-in.
We thank all our guests for their cooperation.
For additional questions, please call us at (832) 831-3720.